As mentioned in my last blog, we stayed overnight in our jam-packed camp pitched on top of Bright-Top Peak. Aiming at catching a glimpse of the marvelous sunrise, after the laborious efforts, we all struggled to join the large sun-viewing unit before the crack of the dawn. Lily, one of my bosom friends completely lost in awe-inspiring admiration at the first sight of the sun dangling in front of her glaring eyes for from her perspective, it was the first time to gaze on such splendor. Bask in the Sun’s favor; we dashed to our first destination of the day without a single halt. It took us roughly 5 hours to up and down one of the most hazardous and awful scenic resorts of Yellow Mountain: Xihai Grand Canyon. When it is your turn to depict what impressed you most with Xihai Grand Canyon, it is very likely that except for your tantalizing anxiety to unveil the grandeur, magnificence and precipitousness of Xihai Grand Canyon deeply engraved on your mind, all that intruded into your mind is nothing but speechless exclamation. It is the masterpiece of superb craftsmanship. Amid the abyss of admiration, we made our way successively along Lion Peak, Beginning-to-Believe Peak, A Monkey Gaping at the Sea, Refreshing Terrace, and the Flower Grown Out of a Writing Brush Rock. White Goose Range, as the last spot of our trekking tour, brought a successful and satisfactory close to our Yellow Mountain Trek. Needless to say, trekking the famous mountains and great rivers has had a great impact on our souls, whenever you are confronted with thorny problems and troubles, such priceless trekking experience will always in time flash into your mind’s eyes, encouraging us to surmount barriers and obstacles and leading us to our life pyramid. You cannot put a price on that sort of valuable experience.
Tips for Yellow Mountain Trek:
- First and foremost, avoid over/under packing.
- Assure yourself of the local weather conditions
- Good equipments are of supreme importance. Good shoes, wet weather clothes, maps, a good watch giving accurate time for instance.
- Plenty of water and some snacks are essential for the sake of warding off starvation and in case get dehydrated.
- Avoid plunging into Canyons such as Xihai Grand Canyon or peak climbing during thunderstorm period(from December 1st to March 31st).