Are you planning to visit Tibet in March and May ,2011?

UPDATE:

Today,1st June,2011, we are informed  from Tibet Travel Bureau that the Tibet Permit will stop releasing for the date from 25th June to25th July,2011. If you are planing to visit Tibet during the time,you may have to put off your travel.

Please feel free to flollow our blog, we will update the related news in time.

———————————————————————————————-

Tibet ,as one of the most popular destinations in  China, has been attracting more and more westerners to admire its mysterious culture and unique sightseeing. It is a good idea to plan your Tibet trip as early as possible. Are you planning to visit Tibet in March and May this year? If you can ,try to avoid March and May ,as the Tibet Travel Permit(TTP) will be a little bit hard to apply successfully at these two months.

2011 is the 60th anniversary of the establishment of Tibet Autonomous Region, a lots of celebrations will be held in Tibet by government.In consideration to carrying out the official activities smoothly, government may control the numbers of application for Tibet Travel Permit. To make sure you can travel China and Tibet smoothly,it is better to avoid entering Tibet in  March and May,2011.

This entry was posted in Service Improvement. Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to Are you planning to visit Tibet in March and May ,2011?

1. Pingback: World Spinner

2. Wendi says:

Hi. Do you know more about the details. Like if you are going in April but the trip will not finish until May? Is that ok?

• Melody Wang says:

Hi, if you can successfully apply the Tibet Travel Permit before you enter Tibet, it would be Ok if you continue your stay there in May. Kindly suggest you make sure everything before you plan your China Travel and it is better to work out a flexible itinerary.
      Happy New Year!

• Birdie says:

Cheers pal. I do appreciate the wiritng.

3. Tibet Travel says:

Hi,

Really your post is very informative and I enjoyed your opinions. Do you use twitter or stumbleupon? So I can follow you there. I am hoping you post again soon.

• Melody Wang says:

Hi, thanks for visiting our website. You can click our facebook or twitter account at the bottom of our website to follow up. Thanks.

4. Ellery says:

I am planning a trip to China for the later part of March and am hoping to go into Tibet for a couple of days at the end of the trip. I am wondering if you think that I would be able to enter around March 30 or 31 or if I must absolutely wait until April 1st.

Thank you for any advice you may have.

• Melody Wang says:

Hello, Ellery, Chinese people are on Spring Festival vacation in recent days till Feb 9th. Our travel consultant will give you the feedback as soon as we get the news from Tibet. Thanks for understanding. If you want to visit other places in China besides Tibet, don’t hesitate to mail to sales@absolutechinatours.com to let us customize your China trip.

5. Colleen Shen says:

Hi Ellery, thank you for visiting our blog. This is Colleen, a travel consultant from China Absolute Tours, it is my pleasure to answear your question about Tibet.

As you know, March is a sensitive month for Tibet, the Tibet Tourism Bureau most likely will NOT issue permits to travelers until April, so the likelihood of being in Tibet at the end of March is slim to none. Avoid March is my advice.

Should you have any additional questions or require more information, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

6. Peter Tadin says:

Hi ,

I have already booked my group airfare (28 adults) on China Southern Airlines from the USA for arrival into Xining on May 15th in order to take the Tibet Railway into Lhasa. My airfare on China Southern Airlines are non-refundable tickets. Our tour itinerary put together by a Lhasa travel agency is to be in Tibet from May 15th to 22nd (overland from Lhasa to EBC to Nepal). We will cross into Nepal on May 22nd. Does this help at all to get the Tibet Travel Permit? My travel agency has already made the registration of our booking with the Tibet Travel Bureau (TTB) so hopefully this will help. As you can see, the permit situation for May is making me worried.

Can you give me any insight on what are my chances on getting the TTP for May travel for my group?

• Melody Wang says:

Hi Peter,
      I suggest you ask for the final confirmation from your contacted Tibet Travel Agency, which should own the responsibility to inform your group about your Tibet travel in the coming May.
      The Tibet Travel Permit may not be approved during March or May, but not absolute. If your travel agency can ensure you everything, you can further ask for refund terms in case of any unexpected consequence.

Hope you can enjoy your travel as you wish.

7. Peter says:

I just heard today that the the main festival in Tibet originally scheduled for May 2011 has been changed to July. Does this mean that there is a better chance to get a Tibet Travel Permit for tour groups for May travel?

• Melody Wang says:

I will check and reply to you tomorrow. Normally, the latest news is before May 15th, it is easier to get Tibet travel permit.

8. Kel says:

Hi, I had booked a tour to Tibet in May and have been reading alot online as I was also told by my travel agent that the border maybe closed in May. This is the first I’ve heard about the celebrations being moved to July. Have you heard any mire information. On this yet?

• Melody Wang says:

Hi Kel, I have checked our cooperated Tibet agency and was told that the celebrations still be going on in May. In early August that is the yearly Shoton Festival in Tibet. However, if your travel agency told you that the border would be closed, that may mean they have difficulty in applying your Tibet Travel Permit, you can email to us your booked Tibet itinerary to us if it is before May 15th if you would like.

• Hollie says:

It’s imperative that more pelope make this exact point.

• Kris says:

Home run! Great sluggnig with that answer!

9. Idi says:

Hi, I have a trip booked for Tibet in early June. I have not booked the flights yet but my tour operator said they could book the flights for us but we have to first pay them for the flight tickets. Is this normal for tour operators to collect all payment for flight tickets without showing us any proof of receipt/booking confirmation?

Thanks.

10. Simon says:

Hi,
    I intend to visit China and Tibet from mid August to November. Is it Possible to book tours and apply for Visa when im already in China? As ill be entering from Mongolia with the trans sibirian railway my Journey starting in Switzerland takes over a month. If possible id like to take the T27 Train from Beijing to Lhasa and treck in and around Lhasa for as long as possible.
    Thanks for your great website
    Simon

11. Phy says:

Hi,

I have recently booked air tickets to china, and intending to fly into tibet on the 3rd july 2011. One travel agency said that there is some festival going on, and that tibet will be closed off. Is that true?

• Melody Wang says:

There’s no problem to enter Tibet in July, but you should confirm your tour as soon as possible, make sure there’s no problem with your visa and Tibet Permit.

12. Bhavana says:

Hi,

We wanted to go to Kailash Mansarovar in July 2011, (5th July -18th July) for which we need Tibet Visa. We heard that the government is not issuing any permits to people on this pilgrimage. Is that true. If yes, then would August be a better option.

Thanks,
    Bhavana

• Melody Wang says:

Hi,

There’s no official document to mention that July is not permitted to go there right now.

13. Randhil says:

This atrilce keeps it real, no doubt.

14. Winston Worster says:

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I get actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I¡¦ll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently fast.

15. Pingback: workout

16. minecraft free says:

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with a few pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is wonderful blog. A great read. I’ll definitely be back.

17. huntington beach realtor says:

I’ve been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or blog posts in this sort of house . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this site. Reading this info So i’m happy to show that I’ve a very excellent uncanny feeling I discovered exactly what I needed. I such a lot indisputably will make certain to do not overlook this site and give it a look on a relentless basis.

18. Shannon says:

I’m impressed, I need to say. Really not often do I encounter a weblog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me let you know, you’ve gotten hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is one thing that not enough individuals are speaking intelligently about. I am very glad that I stumbled across this in my search for something regarding this.